Skip to main content

Bring on the Red - 9/24/20

I've been musing all week about my intra-day trading performance on red vs. green days. Well, I've done well on the two red days and done horribly on the one green day this week. Today is looking to be another red day at the open and hopefully that means I do well again.

I thought the selling was done yesterday morning - and sold cash-secured puts on TSLA (one of my favorite shorts) to really show you that I thought the selling would stop. After taking some quick profits on those trades, the market took another leg down. Toward the end of the day, I again sold some TSLA puts - and again got out before shares turned lower once more. TSLA is down about 4% right now, an hour before the open, so my puts would have been hurting me today. Sometimes, it's best to take the quick money. BTW, I went and bought too many Burger King Impossible Whoppers & fries and some McDonald's apple pies with the money I made on my put earnings yesterday. It was a delicious, hard-earned treat!

______________________________

1) What would happen if the CBO projected 0% forever the way stock investors do?


2)  Something to consider - and really start to worry about...has the Fed lost control?



3) A fun Hot vs. Crazy chart from a Twitter account, the StonkBroker. It's fun, directionally - though I'd pick different companies.



_______________________________

Did you see Trump leave the press briefing yesterday because of a "phone call"? Hilarious...just to escape questions...

We're still at the lake. Planned to leave Tuesday. Then Wednesday. Now Today...even then. It's a beautiful time of year to be here - we've never been here for this long in the fall!

Good luck today. Tread lightly. And watch for the turn at some point - whether today or next year.



Comments