Skip to main content

Friday Expiration - 11/20/20

Today is the big monthly expiration of options, I believe. So there could be some squirreliness at the close as big funds push stocks and the market to ensure their options expire where they want them to. Sometimes. So be careful as we approach the close. Always important on Fridays - especially Fridays with big expirations.

I've had a pretty good week. I made 8.5bps on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, 52 Wednesday, and 13.5 yesterday. That's a total of 75 basis points! Throw in my ED & SO shorts - 11bps more. My puts on SONO, TGT, & NTES - another 6bps. 

So I'm up 91 basis points, 0.91%, on the week. Locked-in. My long positions on CMS and PCG that I put on this week, along with the other longer-term positions haven't quite added to the gains. But investments like that don't have to work right away. Trades do. And being up 91 basis points on the week means I don't need to do much today to ensure a good week. I just have to avoid losses.

So I'll trade small this morning and probably just quit for the day/week by lunch. It's not worth turning a great week into a loser.

No charts today. Gotta get ready for the day - I've been oversleeping lately.

LONG BOOK
SHORT BOOK
TickerCost BasisSizeTickerCost BasisSize
AY30.212%DUK88.042%
AMT241.362%
CCI166.542%
AGR50.792%
CMS63.121%
PCG12.261%
QQQ $292 11/27 Call5.220%
Net Long/Short (Equities)
8%
Net Long/Short (Total)
8%
Gross (Equities)12%
Gross (Total)12%

Comments