Skip to main content

SELL KMI @ $17.44

Selling KMI @ $17.44
Realized gain of $1.41 (8.80%)

I struggle with wanting my investments to align with my values and view of the future of the world. Kinder Morgan's system of pipelines and processing facilities played a huge role in getting us to where we are today. But each year, we will become less and less reliant on fossil fuels. That means Kinder Morgan and other pipeline operators have a limited future. The company isn't investing like their future has an end date...and the stock isn't priced like a cigar butt with a final puff left - in the way that tobacco stocks are.

I'm not against extracting the value of the contracts from KMI - but the ESG-theme that I got excited about in their investor presentation isn't quite so rosy after I've reflected on it and learned a bit more about the system.

I don't need to own fossil assets with no transition future.

It also doesn't hurt that this was a profitable experience ;)

Comments